Reducing Risks & Costs While Saving Time
Factory Built, Listed Grease Duct
It is a plug-n-play world and Factory Built, Listed Security Chimneys Prefab Grease Duct is the Answer!
Voice of the customer driven features provide benefits for all involved.
Installer: prefab eliminates or greatly reduces the need for hard to find, expensive welders. The product is designed to be easy to install and save time.
Project Engineer or Design Build Contractor: supported throughout the project by our Design Team who provide the right product for application at lowest cost.
AHJ/Inspector: benefits from easy inspections due to code compliant no-leak solutions in new or existing buildings.
General Contractor: has a project that will stay on schedule with reduced time on site for the ductwork install.
Architect: has options to save space and provide superior aesthetics due to large product line.
Owner: receives the reduced risks of a fire event occurring or the consequences if it does, as well as reduced maintenance and energy costs.
SECURITY CHIMNEYS KITCHEN EXHAUST VENTING SOLUTIONS RESOURCES
Educational New to Grease Duct…New to Security Chimneys
- Historic District – Reduced Fire Risk – Mix and Match Site and Factory-built Duct
- Fast Food – Rennovation – Speed of Install & Cost Savings
- Grocerant – Superior aesthetics, No Leaks, Welds or Problems, DuraVent Design Support
- Survivability of Prefab Grease Duct: getting a Restaurant Back up and Running
- What Owners and Engineers Need to Know
- What Contractors and Installers Need to Know
- Unique DuraVent Features & Benefits
- Inspecting for Liquid Tight Requires Water Test
- Minimize Safety Risks in Commercial Kitchens with Factory-Built, UL Listed Grease Duct
- Type 1 vs Type 2 Hoods Guidance
- What is Grease Duct
- Testimonial – Inspector
Design & Engineering Right Product for Application at Lowest Cost
- General Kitchen Exhaust Design Checklist
- Coffee Roaster Kitchen Exhaust Design Checklist
- Pizza Venting Kitchen Exhaust Design Checklist
- Design Tips for Owners & Engineers
- Design Tips for Contractors
Installation Reduce Cost & Eliminate Welding Labor While Saving Time
WHY SECURITY CHIMNEYS PREFAB GREASE DUCT?
Security Chimney’s Prefab Grease Duct provides benefits that help Owners reduce Expense and Risk. These benefits lower install and lifecycle costs, reduce risks and ensure less long-term headaches. They also reduce the chances for problems and conflicts between other stakeholders including contractors, AHJ’s and engineers working on your project.
REDUCED RISK … LOWEST COST
Reduced Risks | Superior Warranty | Lower Costs – Install & Lifecycle Expenses
Design, Application, & Training Support
What are the Benefits?
What if you could reduce your risks of leaks during cleaning, operations and a possible fire… The Security Chimney prefab solution is your zero-leak option. Zero-leaks during cleaning ensures water damage during duct cleaning and subsequent mold aren’t a problem. Grease leaks during operations and fire escaping the duct are not an issue. Safety, IAQ and cleanliness are benefits of Security Chimney’s Zero-leak Grease Duct.
What if you could keep the job on schedule without delays and conflicts… Zero leaks and code compliant design support means your job goes smoothly, passes inspection without delays and conflicts and keeps the overall project on-schedule. Contractors, AHJ’s and Engineers have one less source of concern.
What if you could lower installation costs… a long list of Voice of Customer driven features ensures the system is installed quickly and correctly leading to lower costs, higher quality and durability.
Finding good employees will not get easier. A prefab, Plug-N-Play solution, ensures you save time on the jobsite and reduce costs using less skilled, less expensive and more available manpower.
What if you could reduce Life-cycle Expenses… stainless steel inner wall, round design, centering sleeve, no-tool tee cap and access panels are just some of the features that improve energy efficiency, quality and ease of maintenance, and durability. Additionally, there is a limited lifetime warranty
KITCHEN APPLICATIONS WHERE FIRE CONSEQUENCES ARE HIGH:
Where to use Security Chimney Prefab Duct?
1) Kitchen Proximity to Occupancy – Restaurants on First Floor below occupancy, Education, Hotels, Hospitals, Assisted Living, Childcare
2) Revenue Generating/Business Disruption – Supermarket, Restaurants, Convenience Stores, Commercial/Industrial/Mission Critical Food Courts/Cafeterias
3) Financial Risks – Kitchen adjacent to “other” Retail, Occupancy
4) Large Projects – Stadium/Convention Center/Arena/Event Center/Casinos, Cultural/Museum, Historic Buildings & Districts, Music Clubs
Fire-rated (CIX3Z) significantly reducing installation footprint and frees up space for other use. No need to build an expensive fire-rated chase or apply two layers of fire wrap typically required for welded steel grease duct designs.
Available in 5″- 36″; 3″ wall insulation and single wall. DuraStack Pro is now UL 1978 listed for applications where 1″ air insulated, 1″, 2″, or 4″ AES Wool Insulated grease duct is required. Please see the Secure Stack Pro product pages for more details.
UL1978, UL2221 (2 HR)
IMC, UMC and NFPA96 Code Compliance
Blanket insulation is already installed in the portion that lines up with the outside casing. We provide an insulation band to be field installed behind the outside band.
Goes together with the inner flange and inner locking band (with centering extension). The outer locking band is on the outside for more support, making it a stronger system.
Security Chimneys, LLC. Model CIX3Z grease ducts have been tested and listed by UL to UL/ULC Standards. UL 1978 Grease Duct and UL2221(2 hr Fire Rating). IMC, UMC and NFPA96 Code Compliance.
Grease Duct is subjected to rigorous and stringent requirements of the UL1978 & UL-2221 standard, including continuous firing at 500°F (260°C), plus 30 minute firing at 2000°F (1093°C).